The role of the project coordinator is to support the Project Management team in the day to day running of client and internal projects. The Project Coordinator will work with the Project Management and Software Development teams, providing key project monitoring, control and reporting functions. In addition, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring compliance with project management and software development process and procedure.
This role will suit candidates with strong administrative, organisational and communication skills who are looking to develop a career in project management. Candidates should have previous experience of working as part of a project team, ideally in a software development environment.
- Liaise with Project Managers to understand the context, constraints and risks of client projects.
- Continuously monitor projects for potential issues.
- Analyse and report to Project Managers on project performance.
- Flag potential issues and risks to Project Managers.
- Liaise with Software Developers to ensure compliance with project management and software development processes and procedure.
- Liaise with Software Developers to ensure project time logs are accurate and updated daily.
- Work with Project Managers and Lead Developers to optimise work priorities and resource allocation.
- Support Project Managers as required at all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of project documentation.
- Be willing to step up and take ownership of work activities and deliverables.
- Be highly organised and detail oriented.
- Always be focused on targets, deliverables, and deadline.
- Excellent communicator – communicate issues, and status clearly and concisely with project teams.
- Must represent the company well, be efficient, capable and convey a positive attitude.
- Relationship building & influence – must build a strong relationship with the development team and foster an environment based on respect, collaboration and accountability.
- Be receptive to feedback and coaching and be able to take positive actions based on feedback.
- Display an understanding of the fundamentals of project management: Time, Cost, Quality.
- Team work – Must be able to work as part of and also lead a closely knit interdependent team.
- Flexibility and focus – Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to shifting priorities.
- Experience with analysing spreadsheet data.
- Experience creating reports.
- Experience working as part of a project team.
- Solid PC and MS Office skills – in particular strong Excel skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Experience / understanding of Agile or other project management methodologies.
- Experience of TeamWork Projects or similar (Trello, Asana, Jira, Basecamp etc.)
- Experience with Qlikview or similar visual analytics tools.
- Understanding of process / quality control.
- Certificate or similar entry level qualification in Project Management.
If you are interested in applying for this role, email email@example.com or complete the form below.