We’re looking for a UX Designer to join our in-house design team. This person will work closely with our design lead and other cross-functional teams to turn client needs into high-quality design solutions.
The ideal candidate is…
You’re a passionate designer with at least 4 years of experience of working on a wide range of project. You love working with a team in solving design challenges and to improve projects.
You’ve got an eye for detail and always want to improve. If you have a passion for design, love feedback, eager to learn, and share your knowledge then we’d like to talk with you.
What you’ll be doing…
- Perform user research to get a greater understanding of people, the challenges they face, and the goals they are trying to achieve.
- Working collaboratively with the design lead, developers, project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Define problems & goals, map user flows, build prototypes, create high-fidelity visual designs and specification documents
- Designing interfaces for a wide range of projects. From apps to internal systems and right up to e-commerce websites.
- Help promote design thinking and UX design across the organisation.
- Working closely with the design lead to creating solutions that better meet the needs of our clients.
- Help with hiring, mentoring, and establishing a design culture within the company.
Do you have…
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end (from brief to shipping) digital products within a cross-functional team environment with an iterative approach that leverages quantitative and qualitative measurement.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in design of digital products that have been released to market, with a proven track record of success.
- An obsession for design and an eye for detail.
- Good communication, teamwork and time management skills.
- A willingness to learn and improve.
- An open mindset and love to ask questions.
- Open to receiving feedback and critique. You’re not discouraged by receiving or providing feedback.
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- An understanding of the importance of user-centred design and design thinking.
- A strong understanding of design thinking and design principles.
- Tons of familiarity with design techniques (such as prototyping, wireframing, user research).
- Deep knowledge of design tools (such as Sketch, Photoshop, InVision, or similar tools).
- A strong portfolio (we want to see what you’ve done in the past, if you don’t submit a portfolio we won’t be back in touch).
Would you like to…
- Build a UX Design culture in a worldwide company?
- Further your career in UX Design and work with experienced UX Designers?
- Work with clients and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Solve problems for millions of people worldwide with your designs?
- Work on various projects from apps to internal systems and right up to e-commerce websites?
- Work with the latest design tools and technologies?
- Work in a team that respects feedback and honesty?
- Have a lot of fun doing it?
Competitive salary and performance incentives
Company matched pension contribution
What we look for in our employees
Ability to work largely on own initiative
Flexible in ideas and approach
Can connect quickly with people
High autonomous in their role and comfortable with this
Can see the bigger picture and work on a strategic level